Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Space Time and Conversations

I arrived late at a meeting today. I apologized and we continued with our business. The meeting was running over in time and we where discussing random work related topics when I thought:

We where discussing these topics at 2:10pm, if I had arrived on time would we had been discussing these topics at 1:50pm.? Would we even be discussing these topics at all? Would my arrival at another time have affected our conversation in a different way? Would our conversation have been the same as this current one? How much does my arrival at a destination affect the experience I will have there?

I find myself wondering about these types of things far too often. I wonder if that will change?

3 comments:

My Big Brown Opinion said...

I believe you just blew my mind!

Unknown said...

It has been theorized that we would have to make fairly major changes to the past in order to get any real noticeable type of butterfly effect started. Which suggests that a butterfly flapping its wings is negligible compared to a jet liner flying above it, which is also negated by the sun setting over the horizon.

In any case, yes, that will change, you will stop thinking about higher level things, if you let yourself. It has been proven that as we age, we tend to sink into mental complacency, and accept things as they are, instead of prying the top off, so to speak. We have to make a real effort to keep our mind flexible.

This is what Science Fiction is for.

:-j

Aronj001 said...

Agreed.