Monday, January 7, 2008

Reflections need light and AgNO3

I took a few pictures during the last few weeks of 2007 and figured it would be a good way to reflect on this past year.



This was taken in mid November while I was driving around with Jessalyn. I turned and told her that it is moments like this when I wish I had a nice camera. She responded by telling me that she did have a nice camera and that it was with her. I hit the breaks grabbed the camera and ran onto the road to catch this gorgeous sunset.






This Picture was taken in St. Thomas while we where honeymooning. I will be posting more floral picture in the future.







I didn't take this picture. I was next to the person that took this picture. They also put this picture on my computer so I could post it on this blog one day.







I took this picture so I would remember that clouds aren't flat but rather grand 3 dimensional groupings of moisture. When I look up into the sky from the ground the clouds have a flat appearance to me. So when I was flying in a plane and could see the clouds from a different angle I began to appreciate them.







I'm not sure why I find sunsets so fascinating. I don't think I have ever taken a picture of a sunrise, never seemed all that interesting. Sunsets have this awesome grandness to them. Almost as if the sun is trying to go out in a blaze of glory.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sunrises are so damn cold and pristine. Sunsets, on the other hand, seem so much more muddy, as if the sun has trampled a swath of gloppy footsteps across the sky.

I like that flower macro. Nice color.

Jessalyn said...

I'm pretty sure you didn't take the cloud picture. I think that was one of mine. I also don't remember giving you permission to use my fireworks picture in your blog. With out giving credit to your wonderful wife you just also happens to have a camera on hand when you need one.

Unknown said...

You aren't fascinated with sunrises because they involve you waking your behind up waaay too early!