Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cupcake Delight

So the other day I came home to the smell of Baked Goods. This heavenly aroma of confectionery creations sparked my imagination as to what they may have been. It was too sweet to have been bread and no traces of Banana lingered anywhere. No cookies could been seen cooling anywhere, but empty cupcake boxes where scattered along the counter. I quickly headed into the house to find these carefully portioned pieces of cake.



Rounding the corner I found my wife carefully applying a frosting base to her baked goods. Surprised to see me, she reluctantly paused her work and said "Hi." I gazed at the treats she had spread across the table.




A vast array of miniature cakes covered with frosting, sprinkles, tiny M&M's or powdered sugars. Each one constructed with methodical thought and executed with an artistic flare.




Some depicting the seasons past others showing a sign of love. Each was a character of extraordinary being. Their tale proudly displayed for all to see and know.




Every time I peeled off the wrapper to eat one a little voice would cry out "Now I am complete, consume me and rejoice." Each bite was more delicious than the last. I hide my tears, for to cry would only dishearten the others.




With the last cupcake consumed my wife and I retired to our bed in silence. We both realized when the Sun broke the horizon no more could we find our culinary treats. They were gone, no more. We would have to make more. There was no guarantee that they would ever be as good ever again.

No comments: