Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Desolation is for the Desolators

While on my morning super highway commute I happened across a wonderful array of photography. These haughtily colored photos of abandoned and desolate creations beckoned me to stop and stay a while. Colored picture after colored picture I became more and more fascinated with how the photographer managed to show an elegance and sense of lost honor with each picture. I was saddened that these creations of man now lay forgotten and dying. Silently they cry out in hope of being rescued for the dilapidated quagmire of neglect they are currently suffering. With the little dignity that remains, they wait for the soul of humanity to return to them.









Scource: Lost America

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Take a browse through my still imagery section sometime, I've been in pretty much every large abandoned place in Milwaukee, and I aim to do the same in MN.

Aronj001 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aronj001 said...

I've seen you pictures and have enjoyed them. Personally I enjoy the clock on the ground. It begs the question what was happening at 4:08? Tell me the next time your head for an abandonded waste, I'd love to come along and take a few pictures myself.